Friday, March 26, 2010

The Waiting Game


So here we are at 37 weeks, which makes us technically full term. Wow! I think some are becoming impatient (and not just Butter and I). I am still quite swollen, but I am hoping that since I am done teaching for the year it will stay more under control as I will not spend as much time on my feet. I honestly can't believe I am done working until August. Our (two week) Spring Break has started so it doesn't feel like I am really done - just on break like everyone else.

Our appointment today went well, but a little different as our regular doctor is on vacation. The doctor we had instead was fine, but I am very happy we ended up with our doctor. Baby's heart rate was a little higher than normal, but he/she had been very active today which the doctor says accounts for the higher heart rate. I am now dilated between 2 1/2 and 3 cm while my fundal height is measuring 39cm. As exciting as this progress is, it means virtually nothing in terms of when the baby may come...so we are simply playing the waiting game as patiently as possible.

3 comments:

  1. Who's being impatient... Mom? Oh, yeah I guess I could be in the impatient catagory too, but I didn't guess the date until April 16th, so I will be patiently waiting with you. Lots of love and patience to you - XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and... I miss the green wall picture. You have to continue to take your profile pictures in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Yeah I think I am being a bit impatient too but that just shows how excited we are to see you bring this baby into the world! Love you!

    ReplyDelete