Friday, September 16, 2011

D-Day

Tomorrow is the event I have had on my calendar since early this winter, the Chequamegon Fat Tire 40, a 40 mile point to point race in Hayward, WI. It is a lottery entry event with a rider limit of 1,850. I have never participated in an event like this, nor have I ever ridden competitively with so many riders, which will included top level pros as well as the most amateur of amateur racers.. The nerves are setting in, but they are tempered a bit by the fact that I did do a 50 mile race a couple weeks ago and I survived that. I will give a race report on that sometime soon, hopefully...

For a view of the course, click here (Couldn't find a jpg file)

And to see the trail first hand, go here

I have a goal time in mind, hopefully the Freewheel Kit works its magic, and I will let you know what that is after I either achieve it or fail miserably. Either way it should be a blast finding out.

So, tomorrow at 10:00am I will be someplace in this crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment