Sunday, September 27, 2009

Butter's New Baby

Is it possible to have too many bikes? Well I certainly think not! Kati graciously let me add to my stable this week by allowing me to get an early birthday present: a 2009 Surly Cross Check, the Swiss Army knife of bikes.



She says this is the last bike I can get until I find adequate storage for them all. I think we may have to add on to the garage pretty soon...


The steal framed Surly is my first in the road bike category. I figured with the amount of miles I have been putting in on pavement it may make more sense to get a bike made for the road and not one that is at home on dirt. I put in my first 25 miles on the bike yesterday morning. The bike performed wonderfully, however the operator is a little out of shape and needs to squeeze in a few more miles before winter sets in.


Some may be wondering if Surly beer and Surly bikes are one in the same. They are not, but both are great Minnesota products that I highly encourage you to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment