Monday, December 21, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I can't help it, but I have always loved Christmas time. Unlike many other people, I don't mind the snow and cold, and I actually get upset if we don't have snow at this time of year. The Christmas lights that light up by 4:00 because it is dark already just makes me smile...even if the lights are strung up all haphazard and five different colors and styles. It all seems to come together to create a comfy, cozy feeling filled with family and friends. There is always the hustle and bustle of the season, but somehow the time is spent with special moments reminding me why we celebrate this time of year.

Below are some of the highlights that have spread the holiday spirit as 2009 comes to a close.

Christmas Tea
On December 12, the women of the Hoen family along with some family friends attended a Christmas Tea. My mom hosted the table below and one of the requirements at the table was wearing a hat. If you don't recognize the fancy ladies below the table: Kortney, Kerri, Mom, Kassi, Kati, and Suz.


Girls Christmas Get Together

On the evening of December 12, I attended our annual Girls Christmas get together. Theresa has graciously hosted the holiday shindig each year (with the exception of last year). The night was spent chatting, eating, and having a very random gift exchange. I am so grateful for time spent with friends as it doesn't happen as often as we would all like. In case we have matured too much: (back row) Beth, Jodi, Mandy, Theresa and Kati; (front row) Georgia, Sara, and Kate



Holiday Decor

I never decorate my house for seasons or holidays other than Christmas (maybe that will change as our family grows) so here are a few pictures of the few decorations that brighten up the Mousel household during Christmas time.


Roder Family Christmas

This past weekend Butter and I headed down to Iowa for the Roder family Christmas. The day was full of fun, food, and lots of family. The grandkids had many gifts to open and even great-grandbaby Mufasa had a gift to open from Great Grandpa and Grandma Roder...an adorable ducky hooded towel. The adults, on the other hand, were treated to an afternoon of good ole game show fun. Family Fued, the Match Game and Deal or No Deal kept the adults occupied and a fun way to exchange some gift cards (thanks, Fritz, for organizing the fun!). Also, Grandma and Grandpa Roder got a "barn quilt" from their children, and Grandma Roder is quite excitable, but I do not think I have seen her as ecstatic as when she saw her barnquilt!




Cirque Dreams Holidaze

When we returned from Iowa, Butter and I had a couple hours to rest up before we headed out again. On Sunday night, we were off to Mystic Lake for dinner and a show with my family. We started at the Buffet, and since we had about 20 people, we were treated to the VIP room...yeah, we're a big deal. Then we were off to the Cirque Dreams Holidaze show as part of our Christmas gift from my mom and dad. The show was very entertaining and I think we may have a little gymnast on the way...Mufasa was flipping throughout most of the show. At the end of the show, the kids were able to quick jump on stage for picture on the drums...oh, and Kortney got to meet the violinst, who she has had a crush on since the last Cirque show at Mystic. I think she is still blushing!





We hope the spirit of Christmas has found you and yours this season.

Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

  1. I watched the video of Family Feud. When the girls won, Katy looks like she just won the Super Bowl or something. That was some real excitement! Mufasa would have had to pay $20 for a ride like that at Valleyfair.

    Maybe if the blizzard bores me, I will post it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete