Sunday, December 27, 2009

Reso-What???

I have never been a big believer in New Year's Resolutions. Really, what is the point of saying you are going to do something differently for two weeks and then resorting to the same old ways of doing them? Fortunately, or maybe not, Al Gore invented the Internet and provided a whole new way for me to be held accountable to what are going to be the first real resolutions I have ever made. Hopefully this doesn't blow up in my face.

So I present to you, the adoring fans of the Mousel Blog (hi mom!) my resolutions/goals for 2010:


  1. Lose 30 pounds, original I know, but it is going to happen. The rest of 2009 however, will be an eating holiday!


  2. Get a physical. I guess I am due since my last one was ~12 years ago.


  3. Use these new contraptions called dressers and closets that apparently you put clothes in after they have been washed. Up until this point, the love seat in the living room seemed like a perfectly suitable home for them.


  4. Ride 100 miles in the MN Ironman bike ride. This may be vetoed by Mufasa's mom due to scheduling conflicts (April 25th).


  5. Complete 10 laps at the Sufferfest known as the Salsa 2-4 at Afton Alps Mountain Bike Race (2009 Results: 49th Place, 5 laps complete & nearly quit biking to take up croquet Salsa 2-4)


  6. Ride my bicycle(s) 1,500 miles.


  7. Change 1 dirty diaper!


  8. Read at least one book a month.


  9. Do dishes, or bribe Kati to do them, at least every other day.


  10. Somehow figure out how to be a good dad.

In order for these to last more than two weeks I am giving Kati free reign to call me out on the Blog, Facebook or Shakopee Town Square for anything I am falling short on...except the diaper changing and dirty dishes part. I only put those on the list to dress it up a bit.


It has been a great 2009 and 2010 is going to be a life changer! I hope you all have a great new year!


P.S. For this post's beer nod I tip my hat to a classic. Don't let the hipsters scare you away. Unlike most of their music interests, they are actually right about this one. MMM, BEER



1 comment: