Wednesday, February 17, 2010

32 Weeks and a Few Other Thoughts

Wow, 32 weeks already! It feels like a long time ago since we delivered the exciting news of expecting, but the reality has slowly started to sink in that the real delivery is only 8 weeks off. Being this far along has brought some more uncomfortability and some surprises...most notably unwelcome dribbling upon sneezing, coughing, and laughing! Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying the pregnancy process; it's been a ride full of excitement and anxiety with everything in between.

As we mark 32 weeks, I had a doctor's appointment today. Not a pregnancy check-up, I had to go because I have had a sore throat, headache, and congestion since Monday. Normally, I would wait this out a little while, but being pregnant and sick makes me feel nervous. For those of you who know me well, I am a pill popper. If there is something to make me better faster, I am all over it, but the list of medications you cannot take during pregnancy is quite long. The doctor thinks I have just a common cold so I will continue to take my Sudafed as needed and hope this junk passes fast.

On an unrelated note...Tuesday night the SACS Dance Team had their 2010 debut performance. As one of four coaches, I have to say I was very proud of them. We started January 6 with 38 girls and somehow they pulled off an entertaining 6 minute dance six short weeks later. Way to go girls!


2 comments: