Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Showered with Blessings

I have been meaning to blog all week, but I have noticed that in the last couple weeks some not so fun symptoms from the first trimester have resurfaced particularly being very tired and worn out. So I apologize for the lack of writing (and quality writing at that) on the post, but I did want to show some pictures from the shower thrown for baby and me on Sunday.

My mom and sisters hosted a beautiful shower full of delicious food, low-key games, and lovely company. Oh, and an abundance of generous gifts for Baby Mufasa...he/she is one lucky little baby! It, again, amazes me how much "stuff" such a little human being needs. Spending time with family and friends chatty about pregnancy and babies just makes me more anxious to meet the little one. Butter and I definitely have many things to get ready before the baby comes, but we are both so excited to meet Baby Mufasa.

Many people helped to make Sunday such a memorable day for me and I am so grateful. My sister, Kerri, went all out on the decorations for the shower (dare I say even out-doing Martha Stewart!).







The adorable cupcake "shower" cake was awesome.



Many discussions were had about whether or not the little baby on the leaves was edible...it was not, as the sticker reading "made in China" on the bottom tipped me off.



Kassi made me a very cute "button bracelet" to wear along with my daisy corsage. She also made one for one of the prizes. It was a big hit as many wanted to know how they could make one, too.



I had such a wonderful time Sunday afternoon. A huge thank you to the hostesses: Kortney, Kassi, Kerri, Suz, and Mom along with Josie, Maddie, and Ava.



You can check some more pictures and a little different recap on the day on Kerri's family blog here: http://degeestfamily.blogspot.com.

1 comment: