Monday, April 9, 2012

36 Weeks, Baby 2

So now that we are almost 37 weeks, I should catch you up on 36 weeks, but in order to do that we should probably quick discuss week 34. I started really feeling those early, low contractions right at 34 weeks so I knew things moving along, but much too early to meet the little one (however, I have been ready since then). For most of the pregnancy, I have been measuring two weeks ahead, which is in the normal range; however, when I went in for my 34 week check-up, I was measuring four weeks ahead so an ultrasound was scheduled to check measurements and fluid levels. It was fun to peek at baby and, of course, again, he/she was very active so it was hard to get good shots. Nevertheless, the tech got what she needed and told us everything was good. Actually, according to her measurements baby was at 33 weeks, 3 days (at the time I was 34 weeks, 4 days) and baby was 4lbs, 10oz. So she was saying, I am just BIG. I am a little skeptical of the mathematical formula used to decipher weight, but I am not the expert so we will just wait and see what the little one comes out at.


On to 36 weeks...



I saw a different doctor than usual, which I was a little nervous about as I had not heard great things about her. We were pleasantly surprised, and I am glad I had seen her because now between both pregnancies, I have seen all the OB doctors at the clinic. It is interesting how every doctor conducts the check-ups. She didn't tell me what I was measuring at, she just said that is looks it good; probably because I was measuring way big and it contradicted what she just went through with us from the ultrasound. Okay, no more sassy pants from me. The baby's heart rate was around 145bpm. She also didn't tell me if I was or what percentage effaced I was, but did make the comment that I "ripen early." The word ripening is often used to describe effacement, which refers to cervical lining thinning. Last, but not least, I am dilated to 3cm. So all in all, I am moving towards labor, which is a good thing as I feel that this pregnancy has been very difficult and uncomfortable. I do keep in mind, though, that it could be a lot worse, and I am very fortunate.

I think we are all ready for baby to come and have been gearing up in different ways. Isabel has been soaking up every little second she can with mama and dada...needing to be carried, big hugs, and many kisses. She also asks about baby all the time.



Butter got all the "just in case" stuff done at work; however, he still needs to get a few things ready for the big day (cameras, bag packed, and choose which 3 books he is going to bring this time because you know he had sooo much time time to read the first time). As for me, I have definitely been nesting...random loads of laundry, cleaning bathrooms at 9:00pm at night (mind you, I am normally crawling into bed at 8:00pm), and my bags as well as Isabel's are packed waiting by the front door. We are ready!  

1 comment:

  1. You are all baby from what I can see! Looking good! Cant wait for the news!

    Shane and Sarah (and Paisley, too!)

    ReplyDelete