Friday, August 17, 2012

5 Years

On Saturday, Butter and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. It is amazing how fast 5 years have gone by, but when you start adding up the moments and milestones that made up those five years it is hard to imagine a lifetime before it. You know life is sweet when you realize your "normal" is actually pretty extraordinary.

We started the day with a family trip to the Minnesota Zoo. Isabel loved the monkeys! But really who doesn't?! Aubrey was a rockstar in the Bjorn taking in as much of the animals as her little eyes could. After a pit stop at home for naps and showers, Isabel and Aubrey headed up to Nana and Papa's for a sleepover so Butter and I could go out for dinner and actually stay over in a hotel on our wedding night! For those that do not know, our room was given away on the actual night of our wedding so we slept at home...stunk at the time, but makes for a fun story now!

Butter gave me a beautiful necklace to match my "mom" ring that Isabel gave me for my first Mother's Day. He also made all the reservations needed for the night, which if you know me, is an awesome present in and of itself. I am a very lucky woman!

Cheers to the first five years, and wonderment to the many more to come!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding well: super, super warm (was there a tornardo warning?) and super, super fun! And, I tell ya, being an usherette was actual work. Sara and I were busy in those 10-15 minutes leading up to the ceremony. Oh, yeah, and my dad had a super good time drinking beers with Amy's dad. All and all - good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jodies! It was electrical with that storm that blew through. My parents still talk about the good time. Congrats, Mousels--cheers to many more happy ones and it's wonderful to hear how you celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Kati and Butter! I can't believe it has already been 5 years...All the best transitioning back to work, Kati!

    ReplyDelete