Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Week 20

Is the half way point here already?! That is what the calendar says! During this stage of pregnancy, as I get bigger, I am learning and adjusting to my body more than just about anything else. I have been told I have "popped" by a few different people in the last week. Butter told me last night I have a shelf now...he's so romantic!



Mufasa is definitely getting stronger as the movement and kicks become more pronounced each day. I am very excited for Butter to start feeling those kicks. Right now, he just puts his hand on my belly and then throws it off very quickly like the baby kicked it off...so funny and realistic, dear!

With the ever expanding tummy, comes new little aches and pains. Figuring out how to sleep best is something I am currently working on. Up until a couple days ago I could sleep on my back; not so much anymore (not that I was much of a back sleeper in the first place, but it was comfortable for awhile in there). I am going to have to invest in the "snoogle" pretty soon. For those of you unaware, it is a massive body pillow that wraps around at the top and bottom. Sara ever so graciously modeled the different ways to use the pillow the other night. I am very much looking forward to trying out my very own snoogle soon!

Oh and the water retention! My fingers are starting to swell particularly in the evening and I love the ring around my ankles when I take my socks off at night! I do have to say, though, I think Butter has been in more pain with the two cold sores he has had in as many weeks.

Our big ultrasound is on Friday, which we are very excited about. We won't be finding out if we are having a boy or girl. I am just hoping Mufasa decides to cooperate for all the pictures and we see a healthy, growing baby. We will post about the ultrasound after we return from our trip down to Iowa this weekend.

We hope all have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

Oh, wait one more thing...if you are looking for a beer minus the hangover, try this out:



Actually, I have not had the chance to try this yet so I will give an actual review after Thanksgiving along with the alcohol free wine Butter picked up for me today. It is going to be the best Thanksgiving ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment