Thursday, December 31, 2009

Grand Slammin' Time!

Instead of actual gifts for Josie, Elias, Maddie, and Ava, we decided to take them during Christmas break to Grand Slam for their Christmas present. Butter and I wrapped up a t-shirt for each of them with an invitation to join us for an afternoon of fun. If you are unaware, Grand Slam is a indoor play area with fun activities like Laser Tag, Krazy Karts, Play Area, Mini-Golf, Arcade Games, and Batting Cages.


Each one had their favorite activity:

Josie's favorite was "Ice Ball" which I didn't figure out until after we left was actually what most of us would refer to as Skee Ball. I, too, enjoyed playing that as there were very few activities for someone who is six months pregnant to participate in; however, I realized once again how awful I am at recreational games.


Elias' favorite was Laser Tag. Out of all four, he was the only one that wanted to play. I think the line might have deterred the other three. I think Butter would have wanted to join him, but we didn't buy anything for ourselves except the tokens for the arcade. Elias didn't seem to mind as he played twice and each time came out on the victorious team. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see him play or get any pictures as it is in a dark, black lit room.

Maddie said her favorite was the batting cages. I have to say after playing for two summers with her mom, they have the exact same stance...I won't say anything about batting average, though!

Ava's favorite was definitely the Krazy Karts. We did not even need to ask her on that one...I am pretty sure she went on them no less than 12 times! Absolutely no one can be surprised by this, as she actually was able to drive her own CAR! It did not take her long to figure out how to operate it, and then she was on cloud 9. Each time she would fly out of her car when they would stop and get right back in line.

And we can't forget Butter! His favorite was the batting cages...shock and surprise. I think he rivaled Ava as to how many times he did his favorite activity. No, not really, but he did spend at least three rounds in the cages. He needs a few more sessions if he thinks he is going to lead the team in triples again this year!


Each one obviously had their favorites, but were very open to trying almost everything. And happy to report, there was no crying or pouting! All in all they seemed to really enjoy themselves and had a great time (including Butter and me)!

By the way, Kerri and Suz, Elias and Maddie think they are going to have their birthday parties there...have fun!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are the coolest aunt and uncle! Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the kids said they had a blast! Thank you so much for taking them and creating a memory for them. Hopefully when they grow up and become an aunt/uncle themselves they will take this memory with them and want to return it in some way. I am so grateful for the two of you to do this with them. My kids are so lucky to have you two in their lives with the extra bonus of calling you "auntie" and "uncle". Much love to you both. I only hope that I can live up to you two as an aunt when baby Mufasa comes- I am still soooooo excited. LOVE the pictures- so fun.

    ReplyDelete